If you can not view this email, please click this link.
Hello [FirstName,fallback=GFC Member],
Well we made it through a super hot 90˚+ week, and now we’re finally enjoying some wonderful 70˚ days. This is the perfect Upstate New York weather we expect during the summer! What a great opportunity to get into the kitchen and cook up the GOODness from Week Five’s share?
Thank you to everyone who submitted your photos and recipes. Your contributions to our Facebook page are inspiring members to explore new uses for their share items. Here are a few photos we saw this last week.
(We paired them with recipes if photos did not include one):
- Polenta & Veggie Stuffed (Green) Peppers - Submitted by Fran McCarthy Reed
- Kohlrabi Slaw – Submitted by Jennifer Kellogg
- Cacio e Pepe – Submitted by Tara Josefiak
(Made with Zucchini topped with Poached Egg. Inventive and easy.)
- Vegan Zucchini Gazpacho – Submitted by James Tabbi
(Also, an awesome grill shot loaded with share items.)
- Kohlrabi Fritters with lime-dill (yogurt) sauce – Submitted by Jayda Shaw Cooke
- What to do with extra zucchini and fruit! – Submitted by Joseph Gawlowicz
- and other GOOD suggestions to eat.
Keep up the great work. We are certain all the GFC families and friends are loving your suggestions and cooking! Remember to submit your discoveries with the GFC community on Facebook or through our form.
MEAT SHARES THIS WEEK
Reminder to all members who purchased an additional Beef Share, Chicken Share and Pork Share, The will be available for pick-up with this weeks Green Truck Distributions.
IN THE LOCAL NEWS
In Friday’s Democrat and Chronicle’s Business section, an article was written by food writer, Karen Miltner, telling the story of the current projects of Headwater Foods, Inc. This is a great read on our activities. Always remember, our success is directly connected to members like you! Your commitment to local food and local farmers strengthens our mission. Thank you!
>>READ “Local Food Champion Takes Another Step”
This Week's Share...